Monday, July 30, 2012

The Princess

The Princess
Once upon a time
Long, long ago
There was a princess
Waiting for a beau

Stood at the window
Everyday
Waiting, waiting
Waiting her life away

Why, she asked
Does he not some
All this waiting
Makes me numb

She cried herself
To sleep at night
Hoping he'd come
At the next light

One day
While sitting there
She heard a voice
And turned in her chair

Standing behind her
Dressed in White
There was a man
But he was not her knight

The princess spoke
Questioning the man
Who are you, she asked
He answered, I am

He told her of someone
Who thinks of her a lot
Loves her unconditionally
And her freedom her bought

He game his life
Up for you
What, she asked
Is this true

Yes, he said
My words are true
My dear princess
I would't lie to you

This man
Of whom you speak
Must come to me
For I am weak

He did, said the man
I am him
The he told her of his love
And filled her cup to the brim

She asked God into her heart
That very night
Prayed God into her life
Overwhelmed the darkness with light

From then on
She was filled with joy
And eventually she got married 
And had a baby boy... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment