Thursday, July 26, 2012

Childhood Games

I really love this one...

Childhood Games
As I was walking down the street
Listening to the birds go tweet
I passed a a home, it was quiet as can be
Until I heard a young boy call out a plea

I walked across the yard
Peeked around the house
Took a few steps more
Quiet as a mouse

I saw the young boy
He was playing in the sand
He stood up and started marching
Like in a big marching band

He didn't see me, he was enjoying his game
He steadied his bow, as he took aim
In this game he was an Indian
Saving his people from the mean, old white men

Next he was a tall, handsome, brave knight
Who saved all the ladies, but not without a fight
This way and that, he swung his sword
A throne to the king he restored

I remember well
These childhood games
I survived everything
Even a jump through flames

As a child 
We are confident
Anything's possible
If we just commit

Even now,
Grown ups and all
Anything's possible
So go, do not stall =)

No comments:

Post a Comment