Saturday, February 9, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile

Things That Make Me Smile
I'm so blessed
To live my life
God loves me so
Through storm or strife

In many ways
He gives me joy
Like playing with kids
And all their toys

Like coffee and thunderstorms
Acting and music
The smell of fresh bread
I never want to lose it

Feeling beautiful
Ice cream in cones
Taking pictures
And telling strangers hello

Cowboys, when they tip their hats
Reading
Tight hugs
Doesn't get better than that

Laughing 'till it hurts
Hot showers, baking
Watching old movies
And fort making

Boy's half smiles
Dancing to favorite songs
Doing my hair
And playing ping-pong

Me and God times
Long road trips
Best friend moments
And hick accents

There's so much more
It never ends
What makes you happy?
Clocks ticking or winds?

4 comments:

  1. Miss Macy, you have not posted a poem in a LONG time. What's up with that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's past Monday...and you still haven't posted one. It's actually Thursday! I'm waiting...LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now Friday...and no poems have been posted. :(

      Delete