Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Saved from Death

So y'all failed in commenting in the last one, but oh well :) I still love y'all.... This is one of my recent poems. In this one I do mention scars on a wrist, but I do not cut myself. Just wanted to make sure y'all knew that...

Saved from Death
Tears fall
I feel the pain
Like I'm restricted
Wrapped in chains

With a boom like thunder
Tears hit the floor
Held tight by my sins
Locked behind a door

Tired and shamed
I'm all alone
To weak to stand
I've been disowned

But somewhere inside
I hear a voice
Saying, It's not over
You have a choice

What choice, I ask
There's no one here
I am, he answers
Forget your peers

Why hurt yourself
I made you that way
I love you more
More than I can say

Look around
I pull down my sleeves
To cover the scars
The bad memories

I'm your daddy
I died for you
I'll come live within you
If you say I do

I feel his arms
Drawing my near
I cry again
But these are different tears

Tears of redemption
Tears of relief
Tears of joy
And not of grief

I'm sorry, I say
For all I've done
You're forgiven
My little one

I rise from the pits
Of death and despair
To live a new life
Because now I care

I care about the people
Living around me
I care about God
His arms surround me

I love them all
Friends or not
Because God loved me first
And I wanna share what I've got

No comments:

Post a Comment